As a homeowner, selecting roller garage doors may seem fun and exciting, but this task is definitely not as simple as it sounds. There are a handful of considerations to make to land on the one that best suits your garage.
There is a wide array of styles and materials that can knock your socks off but read this quick guideline first before making any buying decision.
Consider Your Home Location
One of the first things you need to consider when selecting a garage door is your area. If you are living in a place where humidity and sweltering weather condition is prevalent, consider choosing a vinyl garage door. A garage door with a vinyl material is suited for homes near the ocean and other humid areas as it is rust-proof.
Determine Your Budget
You can choose various garage door types depending on your budget. If you are looking for a heavy-duty garage door that’s going to last for years, a steel door is your top-dog. Typical steel doors range from $300-$500 which may seem a little steep but you get a lot of bang for your buck believe it or not. Steel doors are dent-resistant and may last for up to 15 years.
You may also choose custom garage doors and pick the materials to use with your preferred design if you have some spare money to spend.
Choose Your Preferred Style
Depending on your budget and the type of door material that suits your home, you may choose from various garage doors styles below:
- Contemporary – a garage door style suited for homeowners who want a more modern look. Modern garage doors are generally made of aluminum and glass panels.
- Classic – also known as traditional style garage doors; made up of aluminum and elevated panels.
- Carriage-house – if you want a garage door that’s going to give your house a rural feel, the carriage style is the way to go. This type of garage style is common in many countryside homes.
Know About Insulation
The type of garage door insulation your garage needs may depend on your area, the type of weather you have and also the purpose of why you have a garage at home.
- Single sheet – made of a single layer of vinyl or steel. Single sheet roller garage doors are great for garages which are made for the purpose of parking a car and the garage is not attached to the house.
- Double sheet – this type of door insulation is a good choice for homes that need extra protection from heat and noise. Double sheet garage doors are made of two layers of vinyl or aluminum steel and an added coating of polyurethane or polystyrene.
- Triple sheet – if you want to triple the power of filtering heat and noise in your garage, you should invest in a triple layer door. This type of garage door is a great choice for homeowners who use their garage as a workstation or as a music studio.
There you go, – those are the key points you need to remember when selecting a garage door for your home.
If you are in the market for quality roller garage doors, you may check out http://www.ecogaragedoors.com.au/melbourne/roller-garage-doors and select from the wide array of door types to fit your home features and needs.